COVID-19 Update: Office Reopening & Safety Precautions
Hi. I am Dr. Michael Dolan. I am a board-certified optometrist and owner of Geneseo Family Eye Care. We have all endured an incredible amount of stress in the past couple months. I hope you and your families have been well.
During this epidemic, the CDC and the state optometric association had recommended that we cease all routine care. I am proud to say that we have been available for medical eye care and optical repairs during this time.
I am excited to announce that beginning May 18th, we will be open again for routine eye care.
What to Expect When You Arrive
I want you to know that our facilities have never been cleaner. As a health care practice, we have added extra measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. I would like to let you know what you may expect when you arrive for your visit. In the beginning, there will be some drastic changes:
- As per state mandate, all our staff members will be wearing protective masks. We will require that you do the same.
- We will have hand sanitizer available for you to use when you arrive.
- Your temperature will be taken.
- Office hours have been expanded and exam appointments have been spaced out to reduce crowding.
- We ask that only the patient present for the exam. One parent or caretaker can accompany the patient if necessary. Scheduling family members together is still encouraged.
Safety Measures during your Exam
While it is difficult to maintain social distancing practices in some of the things that we do during an exam, every effort has been taken to reduce the amount of physical contact between you and others. In addition, the following measures will be taken:
- Separate, disinfected reading cards and paddles will be used.
- Sneeze guards have been installed on all the biomicroscopes.
- All multi-use bottles of contact solutions have been eliminated.
Safety Measures in the Optical Area
The optical area will be open for your use. However, we ask that all patients schedule for any adjustments or repairs. New protocols have been instituted for selecting eyewear.
- A separate try-on station will be available to see your frames without your mask.
- We have acquired a state-of-the-art UV-C disinfection cabinet that sterilizes all our frames in a matter of minutes.
Whether you are trying on new eyewear or picking up your new glasses, you can feel confident that they will be safe for you to enjoy.
See You Soon
Together we will make it through this difficult period. We have invested considerable time and expense to make sure your visit will be smooth and safe. I look forward to providing for your eye care needs.